Leachate incineration system introduction
In municipal waste incineration plant, leachate forms when water comes into contact with refuse. Its composition varies greatly depending on waste types and storage age, but normally it contains various organic/inorganic compounds, suspends solids, pathogens, which are hazardous to human and environment. Leachate disposal methods include biological process, membrane process, chemical and physical process. But these options either cost too much, or can’t solve the problem thoroughly. Leachate disposal by combustion inside waste incineration furnace is complementary yet effective solution compared with above methods, and it could reduce occurrence of over temperature in furnace to avoid slagging.
Process and principle
Leachate incineration system consists of four stages: collection, filtration, pressurizing, injection. Leachate will go through collection, filtration process, then get pumped and atomized by spray gun into furnace for combustion. The system could calculate proper spray amount by furnace combustion condition and flue gas composition, and then adjust by flow control device. Leachate is fed into spray gun and got atomized to burn evenly inside furnace.
- Sump pit: to collect and precipitate leachate.
- Filtration module: self flushing filter and bypass system.
- Pumping module: to supply leachate fluid with certain flow and pressure.
- Control module: to adjust leachate flow in time.
- Spray module: twin fluid atomizer which requires compressed air at 0.3~0.4MPa.
Benefits of leachate incineration system
- Unattended operation.
- Automatic control and adjustment of spray amount.
- Effective reduce furnace temperature 30℃~40℃.
Leachate disposal by combustion is now widely adopted by municipal waste incineration plant in China. We have many successful cases with capacity 10-12t/h. Welcome to contact us for related issues.